This Policy does not apply to information we collect through any other means, or to information collected on any other company, affiliate or third party website or by any third party application that may link to or be accessible from the Services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information. By using or accessing the Services, you agree to this Policy.
This Policy covers the entire PassPort website, mobile applications, and other ways we communicate with you (“PassPort,” the “Website,” “we,” “us,” or “our“). This Policy may change from time to time, and your continued use of the Services is deemed to be acceptance of such changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA“) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this policy, “parents“) about our practices for collecting, using and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children“). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through our Services.
Information We Collect from Children
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in our Services.
Information We Collect Directly.
A child must provide us with the following information to register with this website: the child’s first name, birth date, student identification number and a parent’s e-mail address. We also require the child to create a member name and password. We may request additional information from your child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional where we request it.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access the Service and use certain features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services/Student ID Number.
- Information that identifies a device’s location geolocation information.
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the Service;
- communicate with you about his or her activities;
- provide the school data regarding classroom instruction time
- maintain a record of student movement within the school day
We use geolocation information we collect to provide the Services/to communicate with school administrators and authorized parents regarding student activity.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
We do not share, sell, rent or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Services and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of PassPort, our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Service; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, if PassPort is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of PassPort’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s information.
You can review your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your child’s account and visiting his or her account profile page.
- Sending us an e-mail by contacting support@PassPort.education. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
We collect information from and about users of our Services. We collect information you provide to us and information we receive from third parties (such as our business partners), as well as information we collect as you navigate the Services, including usage details, IP addresses and cookies.
When you submit and manage your account information, you are providing information to us, and our Website collects your personal information such as your name, e-mail address, and other information necessary for using the Services. PassPort uses your information to provide the Services and send you necessary communications related to your use of the Services, your account, and purchases made on the Website. We may retain records and copies of all correspondence between you and us, including emails or survey responses.
In addition, we maintain a record of your purchases, product interests, and whatever other account details that might enable us to improve your experience. Analytics such as Website use and traffic patterns are also considered to help us improve the design of our Website, the products and Services we offer, and the way we communicate with you.
WHAT WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION FOR.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Services and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile devices.
- To improve our Services and personalize your experience using our Services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To allow you to participate in features of our Services, when you choose to do so.
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users.
DISCLOSURE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION.
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our Services to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business who (i) need the information in order to provide Services and (ii) agree not to disclose information to others.
- To a buyer in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other form of sale of some or all of PassPort’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by PassPort about its customers is among the assets transferred.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES.
As you use our Services, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website or use of our Services, including without limitation traffic data, location data, and other communication data, and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data does not personally identify specific Website users. Your non-personally identifiable information data may be aggregated with similar data collected from other users to help us improve PassPort products, services and our overall Website experience.
Information gathered through cookies and web-server log files may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, IP addresses, links to/from any page, and time spent at our Website. Such cookie data allows us to better understand the traffic, interactions and transactions taking place on our Website, and ultimately improve the functionality of our Services. Website users have the option to accept or disable cookies at any time through their browsers. If you choose to disable your cookies, your user experience may be limited.
INFORMATION SHARING WITH OUTSIDE PARTIES; THIRD PARTY LINKS.
PassPort will never rent or sell your e-mail address or other personal information. We may include links to third party Websites, products or services from our Website. These third party websites have their own privacy policies and we therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. If you choose to access a third party website linked to our Website, you do so at your own risk.
We are committed to working with trusted partners who employ physical, electronic, and administrative safety measures to protect your personal information and credit card data. These safeguards help us to prevent fraud and unauthorized access as well as maintain data accurately to better serve you.
In addition, we have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, no network is completely secure and all users acknowledge that PassPort is not responsible for the loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition of personal information provided through our Website or Services, or any damages resulting therefrom.
MODIFICATION OF POLICIES.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding our privacy standards please email support@PassPort.education.